2021 Meeting Minutes
Wolf River Riders ATV Club Minutes
The meeting was called to order by President Jamie Prouse, July minutes weren’t read
No membership report was given; Jamie did note membership was up this year.
Jan Fischer gave treasurer’s report
- The Forestry Department dropped off gravel for our club to use on the trails.
- The Summit Lake trails have been cleared.
- Gates & posts will be used on the trail that crosses Mallitz property, hopefully preventing trucks & other vehicles from using the trails.
- Jack Andraschko & Keith Verhagen completed fixing the gate at Pickerel Dam Rd. The partial gate is now permanent & the erosion problem was solved.
- Hummers Benefit—7:00pm
- Our club still needs volunteers to help—contact Jamie if you can help out
- A lot of raffles: deck of cards raffles for higher ticket items, basket raffles
- Our club will donate 2 hats, bandanna, & free membership form for a basket raffle
- Motion was made & approved for Jamie to use $200 of club funds as start up money for the food stand, then it will be returned to the club after stand closes
- Fall Club Color Ride
- Because of the Packer game on Sunday, it was decided to have the trail ride tentatively set for October 3
- Jamie will check with Country Inn to see if this is feasible:
- Group will leave Country Inn at noon to enjoy the fall colors
- Returning to Country Inn before 3:45 (when the game starts)
- Half time – Country Inn will be serving either a chicken dinner or a lasagna dinner to include salad & desert for $10 per person
Lynn Verhagen noted that the DNR has been sitting by Pickerel Lake Road by the public boat landing.
She also noted that atvs/utvs aren’t allowed on any state highway, although it has been observed that some are riding State Hwy. 55 mainly between A & Pickerel Lake Rd.
After much discussion , In order to keep our trail system open, We will make signs 11 x 14 posterboard to display at all local businesses. The posters will remind riders of the most common state ATV/UTV laws that aren’t being followed. Jamie will work with Pioneer Express to get the posters made.
Next Meeting is September 18th at Schuh’s at 9:00 A.M.
July 19th meeting was held at Final Lap bar at 9:00 a.m.
30 people attended.
July 9, the Wolf River Riders donated the check for $475 to the Forest County Humane Society, which was half of what was donated back to the club from the Schuh’s Atv/Utv poker ride.
The gates were open by the bridge on Pickerel Lake Dam Road. Vehicles are going over the bridge again, so we are trying to shut the gate partially & to rig it up so only off-road vehicles can cross. GPS Google is still saying that it is a road, Jack, Keith, and Jamie are in the process of trying to fix that.
These 3 Atv Clubs: Wolf River Riders, Parrish Highlanders, White Lake & Pel-Cho Mudd Nutz;
are doing a fundraiser for Hummer & his medical bills.
The fundraiser is August 27-29, which is the weekend before Labor Day.
There will be a 3 Day Poker Run, Basket Raffles, 50/50 Raffles, Meat Raffle & Food.
(To be discussed yet) October 17th, the club might do a Sunday afternoon end of season ride, get together & food.
Membership report 8 new members this month.
Next Meeting will be on August 21, at 9:00 a.m. at Debi’s Northern Firelite Supper Club.
The June 19, 2021 meeting was held at longshot’s bar at 9 a.m.
We have 5 new members & 102 total club members. Dan Wierschke seconded the membership report.
Jamie showed off the apparel that was available. The Spring orders were all completed May 21st. The Fall orders will be available in September.
The club raised $2,099 on the Memorial weekend, which half will be donated to Pickerel Rescue squad & half us the club keep.
Jamie Prouse (president) presented the check to Lynn verhagen (Pickerel Rescue squad member) for total amount of $1,050.
An anonymous person who won the $950 on the Schuh’s ATV- UTV Poker Ride, was nice enough to donate it back to the club, half we will be donated to Forest County Humane Society.
Jamie stated that $1,500 that we raised so far this year from fundraising should be good for this year. Everyone in attendance agreed, this is going towards the signage of the county roads last year.
We all agreed not to have any club fundraisers on holiday weekends.
Jan mentioned to get the trail by Walleye turned into memorial trail for Marty/Wanda. (Bobby Birschbach)
Dan Wierschke motioned it & Lynn Verhagen seconded it.
Jamie motioned to donate $100 for a hole at the Mike Pomasl Memorial Golf Outing. Everybody agreed.
Jamie made a motion to make a donation to the Lion’s Cub Golf outing. Everyone seconded it.
We also talked about who also made the donation boxes for the club, which he always does for nothing. Jamie made a motion to donate $50 to him, we all agreed.
The club now has their own credit card for club business.
Members stated that there is a lot of ATV/UTV traffic on highways that are not open especially HWY 55. We could put up more signs, though it probably won’t help.
ATV/UTV wreaking private food plots are risking the trail being shut down between Pickerel Lake Road & Hummers mainly. Club needs to put up a snow fence, which we hope will eliminate this problem & keep our trails open.
Please Respect our trails & property owners, Help keep our trails open.
Saturday June 26th is the Northwoods Poker Run sponsored by Parrish Highlanders & Fischer’s Bar if anybody is interested. Trail ride/ Demos
The next meeting is at Deb’s Northern Firelite Supper club on July, 17 at 9 a.m.